Article 1 - Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Reflection period : the period within which the consumer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- Consumer : the natural person who does not act in the exercise of a profession or business and who enters into a distance contract with the entrepreneur;
- Day : calendar day;
- Duration transaction : a distance contract with regard to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
- Durable data carrier : any means that enables the consumer or entrepreneur to store information that is personally addressed to him in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
- Right of withdrawal : the option for the consumer to waive the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Model form : the model form for withdrawal that the entrepreneur makes available that a consumer can fill in when he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal.
- Entrepreneur : the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to consumers at a distance;
- Distance contract: an agreement in which, within the framework of a system organized by the entrepreneur for the distance sale of products and/or services, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for distance communication;
- Technique for distance communication : means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the consumer and entrepreneur meeting simultaneously in the same room.
- General Terms and Conditions : the present General Terms and Conditions of the entrepreneur.
Article 2 - Identity of the entrepreneur
Celine Pronk, MIIX Agency, The Stylish Pet Shop;
De Boerstraat 78, 2685 RG Poeldijk, The Netherlands;
Phone number: 06 280 770 58
Chamber of Commerce number: 74150413
VAT identification number: NL859789603B01
Article 3 - Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer from the entrepreneur and to every distance contract and orders concluded between the entrepreneur and consumer.
- Before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions is made available to the consumer. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated that the general terms and conditions can be viewed at the entrepreneur and they will be sent free of charge as soon as possible at the request of the consumer.
- If the distance contract is concluded electronically, notwithstanding the previous paragraph and before the distance contract is concluded, the text of these general terms and conditions can be made available to the consumer electronically in such a way that the consumer can can be stored in a simple way on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the distance contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent free of charge at the request of the consumer electronically or otherwise.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second and third paragraphs apply mutatis mutandis and the consumer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most favorable to him in the event of conflicting general terms and conditions. is.
- If at any time one or more provisions in these general terms and conditions are wholly or partially void or destroyed, the remainder of the agreement and these terms and conditions will remain in force and the relevant provision will be replaced by a provision in mutual consultation without delay. of the original as closely as possible.
- Situations that are not regulated in these general terms and conditions must be assessed 'in the spirit' of these general terms and conditions.
- Uncertainties about the interpretation or content of one or more provisions of our terms and conditions must be explained 'in the spirit' of these terms and conditions.
Article 4 - The offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be expressly stated in the offer.
- The offer is without obligation. The entrepreneur is entitled to change and adjust the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the consumer. If the entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products and/or services offered. Obvious mistakes or obvious errors in the offer are not binding on the entrepreneur.
- All images, specifications data in the offer are indicative and cannot give rise to compensation or dissolution of the agreement.
- Images accompanying products are a true representation of the products offered. Entrepreneur cannot guarantee that the displayed colors correspond exactly to the real colors of the products.
Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the consumer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer. This concerns in particular:
- the price including taxes;
- any shipping costs;
- the manner in which the agreement will be concluded and which actions are required for this;
- whether or not the right of withdrawal applies;
- the method of payment, delivery and execution of the agreement;
- the term for acceptance of the offer, or the term within which the entrepreneur guarantees the price;
- the amount of the rate for distance communication if the costs of using the technology for distance communication are calculated on a basis other than the regular base rate for the means of communication used;
- whether the agreement will be archived after its conclusion, and if so, how it can be consulted by the consumer;
- the way in which the consumer, before concluding the agreement, can check and, if desired, restore the data provided by him in the context of the agreement;
- any other languages in which, in addition to Dutch, the agreement can be concluded;
- the codes of conduct to which the entrepreneur is subject and the way in which the consumer can consult these codes of conduct electronically; and
- the minimum duration of the distance contract in the case of a long-term transaction.
Article 5 - The agreement
- Subject to the provisions of paragraph 4, the agreement is concluded at the moment of acceptance by the consumer of the offer and the fulfillment of the associated conditions.
- If the consumer has accepted the offer electronically, the entrepreneur will immediately confirm receipt of the acceptance of the offer electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed by the entrepreneur, the consumer can dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and ensure a safe web environment. If the consumer can pay electronically, the entrepreneur will take appropriate security measures.
- The entrepreneur can inform himself - within legal frameworks - whether the consumer can meet his payment obligations, as well as about all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance contract. If, on the basis of this investigation, the entrepreneur has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request with reasons or to attach special conditions to the execution.
- The entrepreneur will send the following information to the consumer with the product or service, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:
- the visiting address of the establishment of the entrepreneur where the consumer can go with complaints;
- the conditions under which and the manner in which the consumer can make use of the right of withdrawal, or a clear statement regarding the exclusion of the right of withdrawal;
- the information about guarantees and existing after-sales service;
- the information included in Article 4 paragraph 3 of these terms and conditions, unless the entrepreneur has already provided this information to the consumer before the execution of the agreement;
- the requirements for terminating the agreement if the agreement has a duration of more than one year or is of indefinite duration.
- In the case of a long-term transaction, the provision in the previous paragraph only applies to the first delivery.
- Every agreement is entered into under the suspensive conditions of sufficient availability of the products concerned.
Article 6 - Right of withdrawal
- When purchasing products, the consumer has the option to dissolve the agreement without stating reasons during 14 days. This reflection period starts on the day after receipt of the product by the consumer or a representative designated by the consumer in advance and made known to the entrepreneur.
- During the cooling-off period, the consumer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to assess whether he wishes to keep the product. If he makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will return the product with all accessories supplied and - if reasonably possible - in the original condition and packaging to the entrepreneur, in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the entrepreneur.
- If the consumer wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal, he is obliged to make this known to the entrepreneur within 14 days of receipt of the product. The consumer must make this known by means of the model form. After the consumer has indicated that he wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal, the customer must return the product within 14 days. The consumer must prove that the delivered goods have been returned in time, for example by means of proof of shipment.
- If, after the expiry of the periods referred to in paragraphs 2 and 3, the customer has not indicated that he wishes to make use of his right of withdrawal resp. has not returned the product to the entrepreneur, the purchase is a fact.
- Pet portraits are custom made to specifications entered by the consumer. The right of withdrawal therefore does not apply here. The sale is final after successful payment.
Article 7 - Costs in case of withdrawal
- If the consumer makes use of his right of withdrawal, the costs of return will be for his account at most.
- If the consumer has paid an amount, the entrepreneur will refund this amount as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after withdrawal. This is subject to the condition that the product has already been received back by the web retailer or conclusive proof of complete return can be submitted. Repayment will be made via the same payment method used by the consumer, unless the consumer expressly gives permission for another payment method.
- In the event of damage to the product due to careless handling by the consumer, the consumer is liable for any loss in value of the product.
- The consumer cannot be held liable for depreciation of the product if the entrepreneur has not provided all legally required information about the right of withdrawal, this must be done before the purchase agreement is concluded.
Article 8 - Exclusion right of withdrawal
- The entrepreneur can exclude the consumer's right of withdrawal for products as described in paragraphs 2 and 3. The exclusion of the right of withdrawal only applies if the entrepreneur has stated this clearly in the offer, at least in time for the conclusion of the agreement.
- Exclusion of the right of withdrawal is only possible for products:
- which have been established by the entrepreneur in accordance with the consumer's specifications;
- which are clearly personal in nature;
- which cannot be returned due to their nature;
- which can spoil or age quickly;
- the price of which is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the entrepreneur has no influence;
- for individual newspapers and magazines;
- for audio and video recordings and computer software of which the consumer has broken the seal;
- for hygienic products of which the consumer has broken the seal.
- Pet portraits are custom made to specifications entered by the consumer. The right of withdrawal therefore does not apply here. The sale is final after successful payment.
Article 9 - The price
- During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the entrepreneur can offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the entrepreneur has no influence, with variable prices. This dependence on fluctuations and the fact that any prices mentioned are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
- these are the result of statutory regulations or provisions; or
- the consumer has the authority to cancel the agreement with effect from the day on which the price increase takes effect.
- The prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT.
- All prices are subject to printing and typographical errors. No liability is accepted for the consequences of printing and typing errors. In the event of printing and typesetting errors, the entrepreneur is not obliged to deliver the product according to the incorrect price.
Article 10 - Conformity and Warranty
- The entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability and the statutory provisions and/or usability existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement. or government regulations. If agreed, the entrepreneur also guarantees that the product is suitable for other than normal use.
- A guarantee provided by the entrepreneur, manufacturer or importer does not affect the legal rights and claims that the consumer can assert against the entrepreneur on the basis of the agreement.
- Any defects or incorrectly delivered products must be reported to the entrepreneur in writing within 2 months after delivery. The products must be returned in the original packaging and in new condition.
- The entrepreneur's warranty period corresponds to the manufacturer's warranty period. However, the entrepreneur is never responsible for the ultimate suitability of the products for each individual application by the consumer, nor for any advice regarding the use or application of the products.
- The warranty does not apply if:
- The consumer has repaired and/or modified the delivered products himself or has had them repaired and/or processed by third parties;
- The delivered products have been exposed to abnormal conditions or are otherwise handled carelessly or contrary to the instructions of the entrepreneur and/or have been treated on the packaging;
- The defectiveness is wholly or partly the result of regulations that the government has made or will make with regard to the nature or quality of the materials used.
As a service to our customers, we offer one correction round per pet portrait. During this correction round you can have small adjustments made to the portrait. This can be, for example, changes to the coat or the change of a color. It is not possible to make major changes to the portrait or to change photos during a correction round. So think carefully about the photo you choose!
Article 11 - Delivery and execution
- The entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the consumer has made known to the company.
- With due observance of what is stated in paragraph 4 of this article, the company will execute accepted orders expeditiously, but at the latest within 30 days, unless the consumer has agreed to a longer delivery period. If the delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the consumer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after he has placed the order. In that case, the consumer has the right to dissolve the agreement without costs. The consumer is not entitled to compensation.
- All delivery times are indicative. The consumer cannot derive any rights from any stated terms. Exceeding a term does not entitle the consumer to compensation.
- In the event of dissolution in accordance with paragraph 3 of this article, the entrepreneur will refund the amount paid by the consumer as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after dissolution.
- If delivery of an ordered product proves to be impossible, the entrepreneur will make every effort to make a replacement item available. At the latest upon delivery, it will be stated in a clear and comprehensible manner that a replacement item is being delivered. For replacement items right of withdrawal can not be excluded. The costs of any return shipment are for the account of the entrepreneur.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the consumer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the entrepreneur, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Article 12 - Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and extension
- The consumer can terminate an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period and that extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of no more than one month.
- The consumer can terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, at any time towards the end of the fixed term, with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of at least maximum one month.
- The consumer can conclude the agreements referred to in the previous paragraphs:
- cancel at any time and are not limited to cancellation at a specific time or in a specific period;
- at least cancel in the same way as they entered into by him;
- always cancel with the same notice period as the entrepreneur has stipulated for himself.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a definite period.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, a contract that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly extended for a fixed term of a maximum of three months, if the consumer opposes this extended contract. can terminate the end of the extension with a notice period of no more than one month.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products or services may only be tacitly extended for an indefinite period if the consumer may cancel at any time with a notice period of no more than one month and a notice period of no more than three months if the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically after the trial or introductory period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the consumer may terminate the agreement at any time after one year with a notice period of no more than one month, unless reasonableness and fairness oppose cancellation before the end of the agreed duration.
Article 13 - Payment
- Unless otherwise agreed, the amounts owed by the consumer must be paid within 7 working days after the start of the reflection period as referred to in Article 6 paragraph 1. In the event of an agreement to provide a service, this period starts after the consumer has received the confirmation of the agreement.
- The consumer has the obligation to immediately report inaccuracies in the payment details provided or stated to the entrepreneur.
- In the event of non-payment by the consumer, the entrepreneur has the right, subject to legal restrictions, to charge the reasonable costs made known to the consumer in advance.
Article 14 - Complaints procedure
- The entrepreneur has a sufficiently publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted fully and clearly described to the entrepreneur within 2 months, after the consumer has discovered the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the entrepreneur will answer within the period of 14 days with a notice of receipt and an indication when the consumer can expect a more detailed answer.
- If the complaint cannot be resolved by mutual agreement, a dispute will arise that is subject to the dispute settlement procedure.
- In the event of complaints, a consumer must first turn to the entrepreneur. It is also possible to register complaints via the European ODR platform ( http://ec.europa.eu/odr ).
- A complaint does not suspend the entrepreneur's obligations, unless the entrepreneur indicates otherwise in writing.
- If a complaint is found to be well-founded by the entrepreneur, the entrepreneur will, at its discretion, replace or repair the delivered products free of charge.
Article 15 - Disputes
- Only Dutch law applies to agreements between the entrepreneur and the consumer to which these general terms and conditions apply. Even if the consumer lives abroad.
- The Vienna Sales Convention does not apply.
Article 16 - Additional or different provisions
Additional provisions or provisions that deviate from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the consumer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored by the consumer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.
Model withdrawal form
If you want to make use of the right of withdrawal, please download the model withdrawal form here and send it to us by e-mail or post. Please note whether the right of withdrawal applies to your order. Article 8 describes which products are excluded from the right of withdrawal.